Alpha Security is the controller and responsible for your data. We have appointed Alpha Security as our Data Control Officer and he can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues regarding how we deal with your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, free of charge in most cases. You also have the right to request the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete or that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you have withdrawn consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
Alpha Security abides by the UK legislation which defines your rights as to how we process your personal information, this includes The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 The GDPR requires us to declare which of the six ‘lawful reasons’ we are relying on when we are processing your personal data:
- We operate on the basis of consent when sending newsletters (you won’t get sent a newsletter unless you have explicitly opted in to receive one).
- We operate on the basis of legitimate interest when communicating with you in other ways (e.g. when responding to your enquiry).
In order for us to provide you with the best possible service we need to collect certain data and documentation from you which can include but is not excluded to:
- Name and contact details
- Identification, property & financial documentation
- Education & Employment details
- National Insurance & NHS number;
- Details of your family members/next of kin/beneficiaries/trustees;
- Where you provide it, information about your hobbies and interests;
- Images captured by our office CCTV cameras;
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including dietary requirements;
- Special Category Data including details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data (such as medical records);
- Personal identifying information such as your hair or eye colour (to answer security questions required by Companies House);
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Health condition or disability you have so that we are aware of these conditions and how they affect you. This will allow us to take any reasonable steps to accommodate specific needs or requirements you have when providing our services to you. This type of information is known under the law as ‘special category information’. We may also obtain this type of data from you or third parties in order to provide our legal services to you. We will only process this type of data where it is necessary to exercise, establish or defend a legal claim or with your explicit consent.
By providing personal information as stated above via the forms on this website, you agree to us contacting you with regard to the information provided.
We use the data you provide via this website to:
- Communicate with you, for example: we use contact details such as email address or phone number when responding to enquiries made via online forms.
- Operate our business more effectively, for example: we encourage feedback and use this to help improve our service.
- Carry out recruitment and selection.
Storage & Use
Personal data may be stored by the website. Any information you give us emanating from an enquiry regarding legal advice but do not become a client of ours we will keep your name and contact details and any other data you submit to may be stored securely on our client database for 6 years. After 6 years your details will be deleted from our system.
Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent or as otherwise allowed by the relevant Data Protection legislation and will only be used for responding to your query (or purposes associated with that purpose).
You have the right to be informed about what data we hold about you along with other rights set out in the legislation. Further information about your rights under the data protection legislation can be found at www.ico.org.uk
Our site (http://alpha-sec.co.uk/) may contain hyperlinks to third-party websites and resources. They are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents. They may collect or share data about you and we encourage you to read their privacy notice before entering the site. Accordingly, we accept no responsibility for their sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your usage of those sites.
We may have to share your personal data with the third-parties set out below:
- Professional advisors, whether they are instructed on your behalf, referred to you or involved in your legal matter in some form, including; barristers, solicitors, estate agents, insurers or other experts or professionals.
- Her Majesty’s Land Registry, mortgage providers or Companies House.
- Our auditors and insurers.
- Government authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, courts and tribunals or other authorities requiring the reporting of activities including (but not limited to) the ICO, SRA and the Law Society.
We require the above third parties to treat your personal data in accordance with the law. Where we instruct a third party provider to use your personal data, it is only permitted to be used in conjunction with the specific purpose in which they have been instructed.
Personal information may be provided to any law enforcement agency or body in connection with complying with and fulfilling our legal duties in preventing and protecting the occurrence of criminal activity.
If you contact us via any of the email addresses provided on our website, your email will not be shared with any third parties and will be kept for the purposes of contacting you only. If you are not or you do not become a client we will delete any emails you send us after 6 years.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
If you contact us by phone, the information you give us will not be shared with any third parties and will be kept for the purposes of contacting you and dealing with your matter only. If you are not our client and you do not become a client we will delete this information after 6 years. Voicemails may be securely stored as digital files.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
If you make an application for employment with Alpha Security the information you provide will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes.
Inform Us of Changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Accessing your information
You have rights to access your personal information that is provided to us. It is your right to:
- Request copies of data we hold about you and in most cases, it is free of charge;
- Have your information corrected;
- Have your information deleted;
- Limit how we use your data
If we object to your request to information, please explain the reasoning behind the request. If we are still not satisfied with your request, you can make a complaint.
If you still remain dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, you can make a complaint to the ICO.
To obtain, correct or limit your information we hold, please write to our Managing Director Alpha Security at email@example.com or by writing to:
Alpha SecuritySolicitors, 240a Chillingham Road, Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 5LP